Just a Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember ITS JUST A GAME!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.

Go down 
+3
Litsys
death1*8*7
PiNk*yOsHii
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PiNk*yOsHii

PiNk*yOsHii

Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. Empty
PostSubject: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:04 am

So, one of the members made me think about what I want to do about culinary in the future.

First, I'll work at places, get my name out there -- then study to become a master chef.. Since I know not many of you know what that is, I'll explain it to you. There are only 58 MC's in the world -- why? Because it costs $5,000 just for an application. The test is 1 week long with 10 - 14 hour days. If you fail any part of that test, you fail entirely. Not only do you have to know pretty much every cuisine that exists, but you have to be creative as well.

My goal is to become a master Chef -- so when you see my name one day, you can be like "I PLAYED CS WITH HER! OMG!" Hahaha! But anyways, I've been doing a lot of research, it's a long and grueling process.. The youngest master chef in the world is 35.. Yeah.. Not that young, and he started while in HS.. so yeah!

I want to work somewhere, build up rep -- travel and learn the cuisines and then study my ass off for the final test of being master chef. Then, people will call ME to work for them, at that rate -- I'll be paid a butt ton of money. While that's happening, my bf (who also wants to go to culinary school) will open a restaurant with me, and he'll run it while I'm working somewhere else -- that way we make double the income.

So I'm looking at making bank, because the dreams that I have -- aren't cheap.

This in total, is a tremendous amount of work.. Not many chefs out there want to be master chef because of how hard it is to become one, but -- that's the best part.. It's the challenge, the prestige, the title -- the acknowledgment that you know what the hell you're talking about.

For those of you who are thinking about joining us in the culinary world -- this clique is small. When you know one chef, you open a branch of a thousand. The culinary world is a small world, though it might not seem like it -- it's tiny. You're joining what almost seems like a frat because it's like a family.

If you're trying to join culinary because you watch TV and it looks fun.. It's not fun, it's work -- hard work. You get your ass chewed out whether you're doing things right or wrong. People join this field for the passion, not for the money, because it does NOT pay well. If someone told you that you'll get like 50k for the first year -- they are bull shitting you. You don't make shit. You work 14 hour days even though you're scheduled 9. You deep clean every corner of your kitchen EVERYDAY. If you come in not knowing what the fuck you're doing, be prepared for some mental abuse, cause it's coming.

This field is all about passion, all about the love of food -- because in the culinary world, everyone speaks just 1 language -- food. If you can't speak this language with the passion that they do, don't bother staying in it. It's a beautiful language to learn, but it takes dedication and desire. People in this industry don't chew you out because they are mad, it's the passion that drives them for perfection in this place.

The #1 restaurant in the world changes their menu EVERYDAY, they have a stack that's literally a foot in height of recipes for just ONE station in the kitchen. If you don't even know half the things I'm talking about here? You haven't done enough research to even join the culinary world. I'm not saying this to put people down, I'm saying this because -- like I said over and over again.. Without the amount of passion we all share for this industry, you WILL fail miserably.. Because someone out there wants it more than you do, and they WILL take your job if you can't do it like they can.

There is a 16 year old boy at a 3 michelin star restaurant in Spain who can fillet a fish in less then a minute.

It's dedication! Like we say in the kitchen, "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean!" And "Work smarter not harder".

Perfection is a must in this industry, you'll meet a lot of chefs' with some sort of OCD. Have a good memory, and "Work with a sense of urgency".

That's it people, hope you got a lot out of it.
Back to top Go down
death1*8*7
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder
death1*8*7

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:05 am

so did anyone relly read all this.......
Back to top Go down
Litsys
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:43 am

I actually did. Now I can confidently say I'm not becoming a chef, not that it was my plan to begin with.
Back to top Go down
italia

italia

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 2:29 am

It definitely sounds like an insane field of work to be in, and seems like like you have to give your all or go home, so I have to say congrats to you on taking this journey. I totally don't think I'd ever have what it takes to be a full time chef and actually seriously go with it, mainly because being in a band takes up a lot of my time anyways, but cooking is fun, or I should say, light cooking is fun.

I wish you the best of luck on one day becoming a master chef, because that sounds like the greatest honor in all of the cooking world, and $5k just for an application is insane.

It always seems like doing what you love to do isn't very profitable in the beginning, but will eventually work it's way up to something special. Go all out with what your dreams are. I can't even recall the countless people who told me not to pursue music, because of how many bands are out there and how hard it is to get noticed, but it's what I'm doing right now, and it's what I plan on doing for the rest of my life.

Seriously, I hope it all works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Quiksilver
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:54 am

isn't like katie the only other member interested in doing culinary...?

i'm just interested in the outcome of the food Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jungwoo222

jungwoo222

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 2:08 pm

Thats ammazing. I want to become a lawyer. My mom dosnt think ill make. Seeing im Korean my mom wants me to make lots of money and a nice girlfriend. I will fufill my dreams and if i fail i will try again. My sister wants to be a chef also. GOOD LUCK!!
Back to top Go down
PiNk*yOsHii

PiNk*yOsHii

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Death -- you're a homo, and I'm going to fill a pillowcase with bars of soap and beat the shit out of you with it, then drag you to an airport. Mofo.

Litsys -- lols, it's not that bad to me... Sometimes.. Other days I want to rip my hair out and set the kitchen on fire, but hey -- who doesn't have those days? Razz

Hahaha Quik I didn't write it for her, I wrote it because Italia asked me a question on a previous post, so I was simply answering him, but added a bit more.

And yes I definitely agree with you Italia, it will definitely be worth it! Good luck with your music, it's a beautiful passion as well! I know some people who have the same dream as you! Haha, my boyfriend went to school with "Panic! At the disco" and they used to play local, then all of the sudden they're on magazines! It happens fast!! Good luck to you!

Jungwoo -- I used to want to be come a lawyer, till my friend told me her sister works 80 hours a week, but she makes bank.. She doesn't have time for her kid -- so that's why I stopped studying law, because I want time for my kids. But like I said, culinary is a need for passion!! Whichever you choose, hopefully the outcome is great!
Back to top Go down
jungwoo222

jungwoo222

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:58 pm

well if the outcome is bad ill prob go fo a singing carear
Back to top Go down
death1*8*7
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder
death1*8*7

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:34 pm

its on, im filling my pillowcase with grenades then will see if who'll win or if there is gonna be any dragging to the airport. actually i got to the airport june 21 so if any of u have a flight on that date i'd cancel it.
Back to top Go down
PiNk*yOsHii

PiNk*yOsHii

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:52 pm

With grenades eh? Well I'll just go ninja stealth mode and slit your throat right after I ninja star your eyes out, BIETCH!
Back to top Go down
Quiksilver
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:07 pm

i think "added a bit more" is a bit of an understatement...only a bit though...
Back to top Go down
M4RT1N0
Dunced
Dunced
M4RT1N0

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm

flipping patties aint hard Wink
Back to top Go down
death1*8*7
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder
death1*8*7

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 2:52 pm

ssssssssttttttuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiddddd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.   Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones. Empty

Back to top Go down

Important post about Culinary. For the passionate ones.
Page 1 of 1