Just a Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember ITS JUST A GAME!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm Going to College!

Go down 
+5
infamousthornton
Cupcake
Evylgirl
5p4rX
Quiksilver
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Quiksilver
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

I'm Going to College! Empty
PostSubject: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 am

So I am going to the University of California at Berkeley (Cal). I was admitted in the spring semester, but hopefully that will change to the fall if I am able to get into a special program. I'm taking a shit load of loans out though because I'm not getting any financial aid from the school, and of course with this crappy economy, one of my parents does not have a job at the moment. So I'm financially screwed in multiple ways. Anyways, I'm still going to school, majoring in I don't know what yet.
Back to top Go down
5p4rX
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
5p4rX

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:15 am

GL! Actually since you're still considered dependent on your parents (since you're not married, don't have any kids, and are not over 25 yrs old) it's good that one is not working cuz if you applied for FASFA (and you'd better) you have to list ur parents income and if they made too much you wouldn't get help. Always a bright side to things! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evylgirl
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Evylgirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Good Luck. Seriously I can't go to college ... I hate it Mad I hope everything turns out great!~ <3
Back to top Go down
Quiksilver
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks guys. Now I face a tougher decision. I got a scholarship offer from Cal State Fullerton, definitely not a school with as much prestige or very much to offer except music. I've been thinking a lot whether I can survive in the professional music world since I am way behind people of my age in skill level. So I'm talking to my closest friends and family to reach a decision soon on what the right course of action is. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
Evylgirl
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Evylgirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Good luck, seriously. It's a tough decision. At least for you haven't reached the decision to go to the military, in which I think is retarded ... just my opinion. If you need to talk let me know ^^
Back to top Go down
Cupcake
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Cupcake

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 5:48 am

I'm in college. Have been for 3 years. Have any questions, let me know. Of course, I know absolutely NOTHING about big schools, BUT my brother is going to the decision making process now and we don't get any financial aid either, my dad makes too much money. So..if you have any questions or anything, I am willing to try and help.
Back to top Go down
infamousthornton
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
infamousthornton

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:26 am

Evylgirl wrote:
Good luck, seriously. It's a tough decision. At least for you haven't reached the decision to go to the military, in which I think is retarded ... just my opinion. If you need to talk let me know ^^

Two questions

1. Why is going in to the military stupid? Do you just not like war or something? (I only ask because I wanted to go to the military, only reason why I can't is because I fucked up my back)

2. Why can't you go to college?
Back to top Go down
Evylgirl
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Evylgirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:58 am

infamousthornton wrote:

Two questions

1. Why is going in to the military stupid? Do you just not like war or something? (I only ask because I wanted to go to the military, only reason why I can't is because I fucked up my back)

I think the military is a last minute choice for people who cannot find jobs or pay for an education. I'm not saying I wouldn't support anyone in the military or go to it myself, but to me it seems like a last minute ditch effort. I think that anyone should at least try everything like going to college and try working before they resort going to the military and be tied with them for a matter of at least 4 years.

I can't go to college because I'm not willing to give up my job and the hours I have in this shitty ass economy. It took me forever to find a decent job. I have benefits and because WinCo is employee owned, we get stock after 3 months of being employed for free. And grocery will never go under because people will ALWAYS need food. Also, I think it's dumb to go to a regular college and have to do all the other subjects that have nothing to do with what you want to do. I believe trade schools are slightly better ... they are shorter and you can get multiple abilities in less time, depending on what you want to study.

Now I this is just how I feel it would be fore myself ... it's not the same for other people .... and don't get me wrong. I wanted to go to the Air Force every now and then, but haven't done it and won't until I can't find anywhere else to go.
Back to top Go down
infamousthornton
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
infamousthornton

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:26 am

Evylgirl wrote:
infamousthornton wrote:

Two questions

I think the military is a last minute choice for people who cannot find jobs or pay for an education. I'm not saying I wouldn't support anyone in the military or go to it myself, but to me it seems like a last minute ditch effort. I think that anyone should at least try everything like going to college and try working before they resort going to the military and be tied with them for a matter of at least 4 years.

I can't go to college because I'm not willing to give up my job and the hours I have in this shitty ass economy. It took me forever to find a decent job. I have benefits and because WinCo is employee owned, we get stock after 3 months of being employed for free. And grocery will never go under because people will ALWAYS need food. Also, I think it's dumb to go to a regular college and have to do all the other subjects that have nothing to do with what you want to do. I believe trade schools are slightly better ... they are shorter and you can get multiple abilities in less time, depending on what you want to study.

Now I this is just how I feel it would be fore myself ... it's not the same for other people .... and don't get me wrong. I wanted to go to the Air Force every now and then, but haven't done it and won't until I can't find anywhere else to go.

Oh. Haha, I was thinking that maybe you were anit-war or something. Yeah, I agree with you the people going in because they need money for school or can't get a job. I wanted to go in because its something I've wanted to do my whole life (no joke)

Sad I miss WinCo...I used to ride my bike there a lot and get things my mom needed and there was this old old lady that would always "forget" to scan a couple of my items Smile
Back to top Go down
Evylgirl
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Evylgirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:27 am

lol FORGET to scan items lol. That's bad Surprised But ya ... when I was younger my step dad and mom were in the military.
Back to top Go down
death1*8*7
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder
death1*8*7

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:43 pm

ur mom gose to college
Back to top Go down
Evylgirl
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Evylgirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:18 pm

learn to spell death, kthx
Back to top Go down
Quiksilver
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 pm

When I go to college, wherever it may be, I hope I can achieve the milestone of being as smart as death. In order for me to this, I think I have to get myself totally cross-faded, hit my head a couple times, and see what it's like from there. Still thinking over the decision, I'll let all of you know what's going down, at least on Monday, since that is my deadline.
Back to top Go down
KrystalineLord
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder
KrystalineLord

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm in college now - University of Phoenix (Online) Getting a dual masters - IT/Networking and MBA. I love it cause i can do it on my own time (pretty much) assignments are still due on dates...but no school to attend so i can continue my work (if / when i'm employed) LOL...and have time for family.

good luck!
Back to top Go down
Quiksilver
Clan Officer
Clan Officer

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Well, it is official. I am a UC Berkeley Golden Bear. It was kind of hard to turn down free money, a laptop, and priority registration, even harder to accept the possibility of putting my whole family into debt, but I feel that I can work this out financially and of course, academically. So, wish me luck in college!
Back to top Go down
Evylgirl
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Evylgirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:17 pm

Nice choice. Good luck!!! Very Happy Do good, try hard. I'm sure everything will be great Smile
Back to top Go down
KrystalineLord
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder
KrystalineLord

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:19 pm

gl my friend, college is a new life experience Smile have fun!
Back to top Go down
AmazingHyzer
Clan Officer
Clan Officer
AmazingHyzer

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:03 pm

college is awesome. im going to a small community college right now but i might hit up the U of O or OSU in a few years. i have a friend who has been unemployed for awhile now and i dont think he wants to go to college so he is headin to the navy. anyways college is fun and kinda tough at times. you will have fun though =]
Back to top Go down
Matt
Clan Admin
Clan Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:15 pm

hyzer if you go to u of o or osu let me know we can party it up haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to College!   I'm Going to College! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Going to College!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Just a Game :: [J.A.G] Just a Game! :: Random Chat!-
Jump to: